What’s that? You wanted me to write something insightful and creative for a change? Me too!
However, I had started writing this little darling containing yet more embarrassing factoids about myself, so I figured I’d better finish it.
Aren’t I a little stinker?
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’ve been nominated for this award once already, but I figure it’s a good way to fill up a blog post tell new visitors a little about myself. Besides, last time I only nominated five other bloggers, so now I can even it out by nominating some more. Again, I’ll only nominate five.
Now, time to tell a little bit more about myself and promptly scare away anyone reading this entry!
- My first video game was some ancient computer title starring a cave-exploring astronaut that fought Martians. This was way back either before or at the start of elementary school, so I can’t remember what it was called or if it was even any good. All I know is that it was most likely an 8-bit game. Ring any bells? Anyone?
- Any time I play a Pokémon game nowadays, I always implement Nuzlocke rules. Basically, I only allow myself a limited number of tries to catch one new Pokémon per area, and any Pokémon that is KO’d must be permanently boxed. I know this probably sounds weird to non-gamers, but it’s a fun approach that makes each playthrough unique.
- I’ve been the proud owner of a PS3 for about a month now. Now I can officially continue my Tales series fangirling. Yahoo!
- I went to middle school during the Quizilla era, and weathering the storm of self-insert fanfics on that site prompted me to make my first fanfiction. It was an abomination that tried to implement Yu Yu Hakusho, Harry Potter, and Yu-Gi-Oh! characters, and needless to say, even if it had survived a computer crash, I would never allow it to see the light of day.
- My favorite film of all time is The Castle of Cagliostro. I can’t settle for just watching one clip of this movie. If I start watching it, I have to finish it. (And oh my goodness, I don’t care if you’re a Hayao Miyazaki fan or not, you’ve got to watch it at least once. It’s available on Hulu, so you have no excuse not to watch it!)
- If there is one writer’s work that I absolutely can’t stand, it is that of Stephenie Meyer.
- For a while, I’d always purchase at least one Copic marker whenever I would visit a Hobby Lobby. Granted, this habit has abated due to our college being situated fairly close to one.
That probably took me more thought than was necessary. Oh well.
And now to list the nominees! (I really wanted to nominate Papizilla, but again, he was the one who nominated me. Darn it, Papizilla, why must you be so awesome?! Anyway, be sure to click the link to his page up above and check out his blog, too. He’s pretty dang cool.)
Also, just to be clear, I’m not listing these blogs in any particular order. All of these blogs are ones that I find very interesting for various reasons, and I can’t recommend them enough.
There you go! I’ll notify the nominees as soon as possible.
Before I go, let me announce two more things. One, today is my first Hourly Comic Day. Hooray! This means I might have to make a special post tomorrow, smiley winky face. Two, I have a night class on Mondays now, so regular weekly updates will be posted on Thursdays. (Although not during my desksitting shift. …Well, maybe. I’ll have to inquire about an Internet password.)
Oh yeah, one quick third announcement: my laptop hasn’t died yet! That’s always something to be thankful for!
Have a good day, everyone!